Whether you need to store seasonal items for short term or business inventory for long term, we can accommodate you.
Feel free to call our storage consultant specialists and we will find the perfect solution for you.
In order to make your moving and storing experience less stressful, please consider the following:
- At least 2 weeks before you move, call us or stop by one of our facilities and reserve the right storage unit for you.
- When packing, carefully pack your fragile items to avoid accidents. Wrap fragile items such as dishes individually. Pack paper into the top, bottom and empty spaces of the carton. Tip plates and bowls on their sides and never stack heavy items.
- Papers can be stored in file boxes or small boxes. However, books should be packed flat in smaller boxes because of their weight. Again, make sure any empty spaces in the box are stuffed with paper.
- Wipe a few drops of oil on bicycles and tools to prevent rusting, and then store these items away from furniture to avoid oil stains.
- Wardrobe boxes allow you to store your clothing on hangers. Shoes can be stored in the bottom of the wardrobe boxes, while folded clothing can be stored in boxes or dresser drawers.
- Identify the contents of each box for easy reference while in storage or transit.
- Beds, tables and other bulky pieces should be disassembled. Take apart lawn mowers and snow blowers, and make sure all fuel is completely drained.
- Remember to keep refrigerator doors slightly ajar. Place an open box of baking soda or sprinkle some in the refrigerator to keep it fresh. Don’t forget to use the space inside appliances for storage.
- In storage, utilize all your unit’s space by using the height of the unit.
- Store mattresses along the end wall and use protective covers. Most couches can also be stored on their end.
- Cover any furniture items with old bed sheets to protect them from dust.
- Store the items that you will use the most at the front of the unit where you can get to them easily.
- Leave a centre aisle for easy access, and remember to stack everything at least two inches from the walls to allow air to circulate.
- Shelving should be placed close to the walls. Boxes and small items should be stored on the shelves.
- Wrap mirrors and pictures with protective pads or use a special mirror carton and store them on end.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of bigger, heavier ones.