Boat Storage Near Me
Storwell Mississauga‘s outdoor boat storage facilities have large parking spots that are perfect for storing boats, jet skis, recreational vehicles as well as car storage. For large boats we offer outdoor storage. For smaller boats and marine watercraft you can also rent a storage unit to store your boat indoors. Our boat storage facility has power ventilated units, which controls humidity levels protecting your boat from moisture and rust development. When you are storing your boat, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Run the gas tank as low as possible treating the remaining gas with a stabilizer.
- Treat the internal engine with a coating of engine fog, a mixture of oil and beeswax.
- Remove the battery and store it indoors to save battery life.
- If your boat is on a trailer, remove the wheels as tires can rot when standing in the same position for a long time.
- Put mothballs in the cupboards and hatches to discourage mice, squirrels, and raccoons from making a home in your boat.
- For larger vessels with inboard engines, an end of season oil change is advisable.
- On board water systems should be drained and purged with antifreeze before being put in storage.
- Remove the drain plug. If any water gets on board while on dry land, it will run out the bottom and not freeze up.