Services > Boat Storage
Make use of self-storage to ensure that your vessel is in ship shape once the summer arrives.
Storwell’s Mississauga location has large outdoor parking spots that are perfect for storing boats and jet skis. Depending on the size of the boat you can also rent a larger storage unit to store your boat. Our storage facility has power ventilated units, which controls humidity levels protecting your boat from moisture and rust development. When you are storing your boat, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Run the gas tank as low as possible treating the remaining gas with a stabilizer.
- Treat the internal engine with a coating of engine fog, a mixture of oil and beeswax.
- Remove the battery and store it indoors to save battery life.
- If your boat is on a trailer, remove the wheels as tires can rot when standing in the same position for a long time.
- Put mothballs in the cupboards and hatches to discourage mice, squirrels, and raccoons from making a home in your boat.
- For larger vessels with inboard engines, an end of season oil change is advisable.
- On board water systems should be drained and purged with antifreeze before being put in storage.
- Remove the drain plug. If any water gets on board while on dry land, it will run out the bottom and not freeze up.