Are you hungry for building key relationships and seeing projects through? If you have a background in sales and knowledge of construction or trades, read on!
Position: Procurement Coordinator | Effective Date: May 9, 2023
Salary Range: $45,000-$50,000| Reports To: Procurement & Logistics Manager
As a growing company, we are looking for a “Full-time Procurement Coordinator” to join our team of A players supporting our various businesseses and construction projects. To learn more about us, check out some of our companies at www.storwell.com, https://bid13.com/, or our company pages on LinkedIn.
If you are highly organized, enjoy building relationships with vendors, and have knowledge or experience supporting the construction read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
This is a full-time role supporting our purchasing/procurement department, reporting to Erich D’Atri, Purchasing & Logistics Manager. For this role, you will join our team of A players from 9:00 am until 5:0pm EST at #3660 Hurontario Street in Mississauga, ON.
The mission of the Procurement Coordinator is to stay 10 steps ahead of the construction team and pave a path for them to make the greatest contribution to the successful completion of their projects as seamlessly as possible.
The most important responsibility of the Procurement Coordinator is to identify and obtain procurement and purchasing needs ahead of schedule ensuring that we have great relationships with applicable vendors to meet the needs of the construction crews.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Build relationships with hungry salespeople with applicable vendors.
- Responsible for low-cost sourcing and ensuring delivery requirements are met.
- Generate, track, and review requisitions and issue an RFQ for needed supplies, materials, and equipment. Obtain necessary approvals as required before RFQ is issued.
- Generate, track, maintain and ensure deliveries of issued purchase orders for materials needed at specific projects and time-frames.
- Work closely with project managers, various trades, and departments to plan for and issue RFQ for upcoming projects and needs.
- Source and qualify new products and suppliers. Maintain and foster positive, long-term relationships with existing suppliers.
- Monitor material inventory levels and determine purchasing demands based on time-phased planning, forecasting or other tools needed for the job.
- Proactively plan and decrease emergency purchase orders by staying abreast of project plans and departmental needs.
- Finalize all requests and procurement orders submitting final paperwork to accounting for payment processing.
- Responsible for developing sourcing strategies to support demand, low-cost sourcing, and delivery requirements
Who You Are
- Have a proven record of relationship building and building connections.
- Knowledge of construction (renovations, home improvement, etc.) is an asset.
Be persuasive in obtaining cost efficiencies and delivery standards.
- Highly proficient in speaking English.
- Highly analytical and attention to detail.
- Be both technology and phone savvy.
- Having a sales background or experience is an asset.
Qualifications & Experience
- Excel basic (add to existing sheets)
- High School or GED
- Knowledge of construction (renovations, home improvement, etc) is an asset.
- Sales or project coordination assistance experience is an asset.
Paid Bonuses up to 2x per year.
Bi-Annual Company Events
Limited to no overtime which means more time for you and your family.
Career growth & development support
How To Apply
Please submit your application below. Upon submission of your application, we will email you a link that outlines the next steps in the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be asked to provide two work-related references.